Telephone Banking Representative
Full time, 40 hours per week
Long term temporary
The Telephone Banking Representative performs customer service duties related to telephone inquiries. Answers incoming calls related to customer accounts, transactions, and products and services offered by our bank.
- Participates in any bank wide calling campaigns and cross sell programs.
- A willingness to exercise leadership, take initiative, and accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments for the good of the Bank community.
- Answers incoming calls relating to a variety of customer service issues and general bank inquiries
- Assist Online Banking customers with password resets and any problems/inquires.
- Processes stop payments and wire transfer requests in accordance with bank procedures.
- Assist Weblink customers with password resets.
- Process all customer maintenance requests received through the contact center per standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries received through the Telephone Banking mailbox.
- Strive for a single point of contact resolution for all incoming calls without the need to transfer to other departments or bank team members, achieve a first call resolution rate greater than 75%.
- Strictly adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidance as outlined by the management team in carrying out daily responsibilities.
- Maintains current level of knowledge of banking trends and industry topics.
- Maintains records in accordance with the Record Retention Schedule.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Banking Operations, including direct experience in inbound call centers / customer contact.
- Must be detail oriented, have good organizational skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Superior customer service is required.
- Should also have a basic level working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Some technical experience is required.
- Should be able to work in a team environment. Individual should be able to work independently to resolve issues.
- Must understand the importance of meeting deadlines and the impact on key performance indicators.
- Environment is fast paced at times therefore this individual must be able to maintain control when handling various situations that occur at the same time.
- Prior experience with the operational processes and functions related to inbound telephone banking call centers at an in-house community bank with multiple retail branch locations
- Knowledge of bank Policies and Procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and customer service training manual
- Knowledge of all bank procedures related to the community bank and retail banking operations and service.