Full time, Direct Hire
Reporting to the Vice President, this position is based in Manassas, VA with travel to job sites in the Mid-Atlantic region and, to a lesser extent, remote job locations. This is a hands-on Safety Manager position for a self-motivated individual with little day-to-day supervision.
The Safety Supervisor is responsible for promoting the organizations Health and Safety Program throughout all levels of the organization. This position acts as a consultant to Site Superintendents, Project Managers, and staff.
- Educate and train associates on health and safety related issues.
- Oversee safety on project sites during particularly high-risk scopes or as requested.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe activities through safety management and collaboration with other operations supervisory personnel.
- Monitor and maintain OSHA reporting requirements.
- Work closely with PM’s, Superintendents, and subcontractors to ensure implementation of safety policies.
- Ensure subcontractor documentation is complete and accurate.
- Ensure required equipment training is conducted and documented.
- Clarify safety rules and provide technical expertise and solutions to safety challenges onsite.
- Communicate and document safety expectations to safely produce quality work during safety orientations for the scope of work.
- Attend and actively engage in all relevant site meetings and safety committee to promote safety.
- Lead and collaborate with team in investigating all safety incidents to determine cause, implements corrective actions, and report incidents, as required.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Liaise with Fleet Manager on all aspects of vehicle and equipment safety
- Review and maintain customer access badges and fulfil customer safety reporting requirements
- Supervise subcontractor safety
- Small equipment delivery to active job sites
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of Construction related safety and health experience.
- OSHA 30, Railroad training, CPR and First Aid certifications
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related field experience.
- ASP/CSP considered a plus, but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. Occasionally the employee will be required to walk for 2-4 hours at a time and may be required to climb.
- Employee may be assigned to field projects that require travel for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the responsibilities and duties as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion as is required for this position
- May be required consistently to work long hours in construction/other environmental settings/sites with varying temperature extremes and conditions
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required for this type of role
Compensation and Benefits
We offer strong encouragement and support for your personal success, along with an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee funded Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Career Development Support