Fleet & Facilities Manager
Construction company in West Chester, PA
PT or FT (30-40 hours per week)
Reports to CFO, this position is based in West Chester PA with some possible travel to equipment locations on job sites. This is a hands-on Fleet & Facilities Manager position for a self-motivated individual with little day-to-day supervision.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is based in West Chester PA with travel to equipment locations on job sites or the VA office. This is a hands-on Fleet Manager position for a self-motivated individual with little day-to-day supervision.
The position is responsible for overall shop and fleet activities, including prioritizing repairs, evaluating repair cost, negotiating prices for new and used equipment and leveraging the company’s buying power. This position is also responsible for analysis of equipment vs repair cost, and maintaining, developing and supervising fleet systems for the maximum utilization of services and equipment.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the company’s fleet maintenance program.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of all repair to trucks and equipment.
- Plan, organize, and implement the repairs and operation and calibration of all company owned vehicles and equipment in a timely fashion.
- Set standards and policy to provide a uniform, consistent standard of maintenance to enhance financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Provide feedback on employee performance levels to direct supervisors.
- Prepare specifications, make recommendations, and coordinate purchases of new fleet equipment and vehicles.
- Evaluate performance of the vehicles and construction equipment in the fleet.
- Identify fleet equipment and vehicle forecast needs.
- Perform annual safety inspections of the automotive and construction equipment.
- Maintain and supervise records of fleet equipment, expenditures, cost analysis, supplies and equipment inventory, maintenance schedules and other documentation, including vehicle titles and licensing.
- Complete repair records and write operational reports.
- Assure vehicle-related functions and electronic activities comply with established laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Prepare and file all government required reports.
- Oversees and directs all subcontractors engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance
- Maintains outside property grass cutting/trimming, sweeper truck, and snow removal from sidewalks
- Providing maintenance support to all areas (90% Fleet/10% Facilities)
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- BA in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience which evidences a comprehensive knowledge of administrating a large fleet maintenance operation, including budget preparation and analysis.
Compensation and Benefits
Our company offers strong encouragement and support for your personal success, along with an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee funded Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Career Development Support